Friday 26 April 2013

Sonic Gold


I think some things are just not supposed to work out.
It’s like the universe just doesn’t want you to go that way.
“No!” it screams, “Don’t follow the yellow brick road!”.
Or maybe that’s just what I hear. I think my universe representative is a bit strange and that she really relishes in embarrassing me sometimes. I mean she told me once that wearing all pink head to toe was a good idea. It really wasn’t.
 
In the past few weeks I’ve faced a lot of turbulence and uncertainty in my life.
I won’t go into specific details but let’s just say it’s sort of felt like the walls were caving in.
Still sort of feels that way. Like reality is just not cooperating.
But I’m thankful I have the ability to grieve a lose and to allow myself to be sad,
but to also be able to then pick up the pieces and move on.
Sometimes my confidence wavers.
But in those moments I have a pretty great support system.  So, if you’ve been there for me, even if you didn’t know all the shit that’s been going on, I’m thankful. Thank you for your kindness. Thank you for your support. Thank you for making me laugh when all I wanted to do was cry. Thank you for not letting me close myself off. And I have to thank you as well reader. Most people who read this blog don’t comment and that’s fine, you can enjoy something without screaming it from the roof tops while you’re wearing peptobismol pink from head to toe, but I want to thank you too because just by reading this blog you’ve helped support me.

So this mani is for all of you – friends, family, acquaintances, and silent followers. Thank you. 

SAM_4628

SAM_4632

SAM_4626

I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri – Sonic Bloom
& Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure – Golden Rule
(& of course my trusty stripping tape.)
SAM_4627
SAM_4631

Have a great weekend friends.

D

2 comments:

  1. Love it love it love it love it love it! Awesome tape job. The sparkle underneath is so awesome. And sonic bloom is beautiful. Just a perfect orange toned red.

    Much love D <3 This too shall pass. Remember, you're climbing that hill as we speak. Before you know it you'll be on top of the mountain enjoying the view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope what your going through turns out okay :) Lovely manicure, love the gold glitter stripes you did.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin