Monday 6 May 2013

7 Deadly Sins Challenge: Day 4 & Liebster Part Deux


Do you like Pina Coladas?

Personally I prefer Bellini's over Pina Coladas but I couldn’t help but think of dear old Jimmy Buffet as I was doing this manicure. Why? Well let me explain: Today I’ve got the second part of Gluttony & the prompt was “Skip your diet and paint something that makes your stomach growl!!”. Now I was having a hard time thinking of what to do so I reached out to In Jeeb We Trust and she suggested I try cocktails. Then an idea sparked! Here it is:
SAM_4710

SAM_4711
SAM_4712

SAM_4703

I used Color Club – Cosmic Fate for my base.
Then I mixed China Glaze – Mimosa’s Before Mani’s
& Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear – Mellow Yellow to make the peachy colour.
I added accents of Elizabeth Grant Beautiful Colours in Red to represent the syrup.
I used Essie – Licorice for the detailing & I topped it all off with a super cute strawberry decal. Voila!

SAM_4719
SAM_4717

So what you think? Do you like my mini Bellinis?
Let me know below but first check out Liebster Part Deux.

Liebster Part Deux.

So remember how I did the Liebster tag last blog post?
In Jeeb We Trust was also nominated so she had to create questions as well.
And I loved her questions. So I’m totally answering them.
  
1. Do you remember your dreams? And if so, are they usually positive or negative?

I do remember them most days and I’d say they’re more on the positive side. But I do remember this one time where I had a vivid horrific dream where someone was trying to kill me and I woke up crying. Worst part: I had nightmares for the next two nights after that. Just imagine having someone try to kill you three nights in a row. 

2. If you could time travel, what era would you like to visit most?

I’m torn on this one. I’m going to have to go with the 70’s. I love big hair. I love the clothes. I love to dance and the music during that era had such a rhythmic quality to it.
Plus I love Saturday Night Fever and every time I watch it I picture myself doing the shimmy with young John Travolta while a Bee Gee’s song plays in the background.  

3. Are there any hobbies or crafts you are interested in taking up?

I think my hobby jar is rather full right now.. but I’d love to venture at some point into taking outfit of the day posts.

4. Name one thing you hated as a child that you now enjoy.

Dresses. I was always running around and dresses just didn’t afford me the same comfort as pants or shorts.

5. What was the first album you ever bought?

Spice Girls – Spice World. I can still listen to that album today and sing my little heart out. SPICE UP YOUR LIFE!

6. What's your favourite ride at an amusement park?

Roller coasters!! I love love love roller coasters. I get such an adrenaline rush.
There’s also this ride at a local amusement park called the Drop Zone where they suspend you up in the air (in a harness of course) and then you drop and fly through the air. LOVE IT. If you want a buddy to take to the amusement park take me! I will go on anything. Only thing I won’t do is the haunted house. But that’s a story for another time.

7. Who is your favourite artist?

I don’t really think I have one favourite. But I love Charlie Mackesy. I have 2 poster’s featuring his art on the door to my room (Antonia & Girl) . Check out his website and you’ll get the vibe. I really want Girl on Gold. I wish I had the money to get that painting.  

8. Name a movie you've watched a million times and never get sick of.

The Wedding Singer. If you’ve never watched it don’t watch with me unless you don’t mind me basically quoting the entire movie. 

9. When you were in kindergarten, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A teacher like my mama.

10. Name a celebrity that irritates you.

Carly Rae Jepsen. That song, you know, Call Me Maybe? Yeah… I won’t be calling you.

11. What's your favourite kind of candy?

I have a sweet tooth so this is difficult. Hmmm….Fuzzy peaches. 
---

So there it is! I’ll see you again in a few days for my next mani. I’ll be moving onto greed next for the 7 deadly sins challenge and I have an oh so special design planned. Fingers crossed that it works out!
& Remember to check out the other ladies!

Now I’m going to go get a beverage after all that.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin