Monday 13 May 2013

Mother’s Day Mani 2013


Hey friends!
So yesterday was Mother’s Day and of course I have some themed nails to show you.
But I actually wanted to do something a little different for this post.
Instead of making it all about me I’m making it (mostly) about my mama.

Normally I paint my mom’s nails whenever she asks me to, but it’s usually kept to just a couple coats of whichever one of my polishes she’s been eyeing (aka no nail art). This year I decided that part of my gift to her was to not only paint her nails but to make it a little more special. I asked her to choose colours – she asked for purple and yellow. Then she specifically asked for flowers before I could even mention options. So I obliged but I kicked it up a couple notches just to give it that extra your-daughter-is-obviously-awesome-and-loves-you-very-much glow.

So here they are (& many thanks to my lovely model):

SAM_4762

SAM_4764

SAM_4755

I used Sally Hansen Insta Dri – Raspberry Race (why don’t we pronounce the “p” in that?) as my base. For the yellow/orange flowers I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear – Mellow Yellow & Wet n’ Wild Wild Shine – Sunny Side Up. For the pink flowers I used Sally Hansen Insta Dri – Fuchsia Flare & OPI – Kiss Me On My Tulips. At the center of each flower I dabbed Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure – Golden Rule. (Can you tell I love Sally Hansen polishes?)

SAM_4766

So what do you think? Let me know below.

Of course the most important person in all this is my mama.
Thankfully she was really happy with them. While I painted we drank tea and watched 1952’s The Snows of Kilimanjaro staring Gregory Peck, Susan Hayward, & Ava Gardner.
I love watching old movies with my mum. I get swept up in the music and the dramatic acting.
I wish people still swooned in movies.
(I also wish I was always surrounded by soft lighting and that my lipstick was always impeccable. A girl can dream.)

Well that’s all for now everyone! Next up will likely be my attempt at a tutorial as I have to do one for the 7 Deadly Sins Challenge. We’ll see how that one goes…

D

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin