Monday 8 July 2013

Lego Ladies & Gents


Hello, hello. How are you doing? Good I hope. Today I wanted to share what I did a little while back for my brother (in-law’s) birthday. I had been thinking about what to do for a little while but then I saw this post by Sincerely Stephanie & I knew I just had to give it a go.

SAM_4998

All of this was done freehand and I made my right hand ladies & my left little men.

SAM_4999

I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri – Butter-fly Stroke as my base. Then I detailed with Essie – Blanc and Essie – Licorice,
 and the lips were done using Sation – Love At First Lavender.

SAM_5004

I loved my thumbs!!
SAM_5000 SAM_5001
Now before you judge my little men let me just say two things. One: I’m left handed so using my right hand for detail work is always tricky. & Two: I fell asleep while they were drying so a couple of my faces had to be fixed up a bit & unfortunately my left hand suffered the most.
What can I say..I did my best.  I still love my lego men.
SAM_5003
SAM_5005

This look was lots of work but I’m really glad I pushed myself to do more freehand
(I actually think I might be getting a little better…slowly but surely my friends).
I was also really happy because everyone who saw them liked them so that means I did alright, and thankfully the birthday boy was pleased too.

Well that’s all for now but I promise you’ll hear from me soon.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin