Monday 22 July 2013

Scarab Pin Stripping

Hello again!
Last time I told you I was going to give you a post inspired by the Show & Shine vintage car show that I went to.
So here it is, my ode to the Show and Shine:

SAM_5120

So many of the amazing cars there had super awesome pin stripping. In case you aren’t aware of what that is it’s when people add thin strips of paint onto a car to add some detail. Google it because there’s some really beautiful and intricate pin stripping out there and it can make for some awesome inspiration. I was going to do a replication of some of the pin stripping we saw but then I decided to just go a little more freehand and pay hommage to all the talented artists who do freehand pin stripping.

SAM_5121

This year I bought Sally Hansen Lustre Shine – Scarab while we were out and about so I was determined to use it as my base colour. This polish is amazeballs. It transformed from blue to green and it had the most lovely subtle shimmer. I need to invest in more of the Lustre Shines.

SAM_5123

The pinning was done freehand with my long brush and I used an Orange La Senza varnish that I got on impulse and Sally Hansen Insta Dri – Sonic Bloom (which I bought at last year’s Show & Shine).

SAM_5124

I will likely never use the orange again because it had the most odd rubbery texture when it dried and the smell was weird. Oddly sweet.
But for this look it did it’s job. And what can I say about Sonic Bloom? It never disappoints.

SAM_5126

I was really digging this look. Also need to give props to Logan for picking out the colour. Needless to say he was very pleased with himself.
That boy knows how to pick out a good teal.

Enjoy your Monday friends!

Much love, D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin