Tuesday 13 August 2013

Wicked Games On Silver Wings


Hey friends! First off let’s address the obvious – my blog layout has undergone a bit of an overhaul.
I know I do this quite often but I’ve been searching for a cleaner and more cohesive layout and I finally
figured out how I wanted it. I still have a few things I want to fix (i.e. my subscription buttons) but
overall I’m really happy. Do you like the changes? Let me know, I’m curious to hear your thoughts.

Now onto more important business – my mani. If you’ve been reading my blog you’ll how that I
celebrated my birthday two weeks ago. With birthdays come gifts. And what do my friends get me?
Nail polish of course. So here’s a look I did using 2 new polishes:

SAM_5390

SAM_5387

The first polish I used for my mani was Deborah Lipmann – Wicked Game.

SAM_5424

The second polish I used was Novel Nail Polish – On Silver Wings.

SAM_5425

Wicked Game is a beauty of a duo-chrome. It would shift from purple to silver to green. The formula
on this was great unlike my Amazing Grace by DL, which made me very happy. Dry time was great too.
Most of the time my nails were a purple-y silver colour and I quite enjoyed how it paired with the glitter.

SAM_5389
SAM_5391
SAM_5401

The glitter looked like broken glass pieces when put on WG. Which I loved because there’s something slightly off and
wonderful about the idea of holographic glass. I will say that the formula was a little thick though so I only used one coat and
did my best  to get large pieces which thankfully wasn't too hard. I love the big hexagons! 
Also, the removal of this glitter was super easy. I forgot to use my Glitter A-Peel
base coat so I can tell you first hand that the glitter came off very quickly with acetone.

SAM_5404

Thank you to Gee & Steff for these beauties!
Make sure you check out Novel Nail Polish's Etsy Shop
to see some of her other great glitters. Until next time!

Much love, D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin