Wednesday 18 September 2013

100th Post: Vacation Mani’s


SAM_6231 -add
Hey friends!
Today marks one of my first blogger milestones:
100 posts.
I have to admit I’m really quite shocked. I didn’t even realize I was this
close until this past week. Thankfully everything worked out nicely and I have
a perfect 100th post to share: my vacation manis! It’s a bit long but hey, it’s
only fitting given the occasion. So let’s get started!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Look 1 – I am Enchanted


SAM_6297

For the journey I decided to use I Am The Walrus by Enchanted Polish.
It’s one of those polishes that needs nothing. It just sparkles and makes your life
a little less bleak.  I loved the coppery shimmer and the golden flecks. It also had this
flash of green or pink sometimes. I honestly can’t say enough about this polish.

SAM_6038


SAM_6042

Just look at that holo. Sparkle fantastic.
Application was flawless. Bit sheer on the first coat but it built up nicely.

SAM_6047

---------------------------------------------------------------
Look 2 – Electric Fishies
SAM_6108

Yes that’s right, another EP. This beauty is Electric Feel by Enchanted Polish.
Most of the time this would go light green or silver and it was sooo beautiful in the sunlight.
Then I paired it with these decals from Nail Polish Canada.
SAM_6098
SAM_6094

& the sun shots….
SAM_6086
SAM_6102
---------------------------------------------------------------

Look 3 – Lychee Deco Accent

SAM_6141

During one of our evenings we decided to watch Gone With The Wind.
I love that movie. All the drama and the intense acting makes me swoon.
So it only felt fitting to use my O’Hara by piCture pOlish.
Then… I had a nail art melt down when what I wanted to do wasn’t working out.
Thankfully Gee was kind enough to do some accent fingers for me using stripping tape & Lychee by Barry M.
I think it turned out really perfect. Except for the I forgot-my-nails-were-painted smudge. Oh well.

SAM_6128

I love the tiny little pink flecks in O’Hara. So subtle (unlike Scarlet) but so so perfect.

SAM_6131


SAM_6132

SAM_6134
---------------------------------------------------------------

Look 4 – Fruity Stripes
SAM_6157

For the last few days of our trip I wanted to use some more of my Barry M’s.
First I did a base of Strawberry by The Nail Junkie.
Then I added Dragonfruit & Papaya by Barry M.

SAM_6149


SAM_6150

Don’t mind the indent on my thumb nail. This time I thought they were dry already. Apparently not.
I didn’t really care though because the overall effect was still great.

SAM_6152

SAM_6151

---------------------------------------------------------------

So that’s it! Do you have a favourite look out of the 4? Let me know!
Thank you to everyone who’s stuck around long enough to see me hit 100.
I’m excited to see where else my blog will go.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

Much love, D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin