Sunday 22 September 2013

Flynn: My Little China Girl + Liebster 3.0


Hello again! Today I’ve got a fun fall inspired mani to share.
I’ve been quite reluctant to dip my toes into fall colours because I was just so in love with all my summer hues.
But, just like always, summer ended. At least on the West Coast of Canada.
So here is my first real foray into Autumn.

SAM_6391

SAM_6390

SAM_6371

For this look I used Flynn by Zoya.
Flynn is such a lovely latte colour. I can see myself being drawn to it a lot this fall.
Formula was great as per usual with any Zoya.

SAM_6402
The decals can be found here at the Born Pretty Store
I was going to put the decals on all my digits but I loved them so much that
I wanted to save some for future mani’s. Besides, Flynn deserved her own moment.


SAM_6383

------------------------------------------------------------


I was also lucky enough to get nominated for yet another Liebster award again by The Mercurial Magpie.
Since I’ve done it before I’m just going to answer the questions.


1. What inspired your blog name?
My blog was originally called Chaos &…. something.. I honestly can’t remember.
When I first started I wasn’t sure what direction my blog was going in.
All I knew was that I wanted to find a medium that allowed me to write and
flex my creative muscle and I wanted it to be an expression of who I am/was.
So when I finally had a direction I decided I needed to find a new blog name in
order to signify the change. I had created “Dagadelic” when I needed a username for
a website once and while brainstorming new blog names it popped into my head.
As soon as I typed it and saw what it looked like as a header I knew I’d found the
perfect name – something catchy but a real reflection of me.
That’s probably why I don’t really care what my blog was
originally called - it wasn’t the the right fit.   

2. What nail polish color can you not resist buying?
I’m really drawn to pinks and purples but I love me a good blue.

3. You're rushing out the door and have 10 minutes to do your nails, what polish do you grab?
10 minutes??!! Ha totally not painting. But since I have to answer
the question I’ll go with Zoya – Godiva.
Needs no base or top coat and nude goes with everything.

4. Your house is burning down/you're on a deserted island/you're being abducted by aliens, etc....which 5 polishes would you take with you?
I’ll go with Barry M – Lychee, Color Club – Beyond, Zoya – Blu,
piCture pOlish – O’Hara, & Essie – Meet Me at the Altar.

5. What inspired you to get into nail polish in the first place?
Probably the fact that I wasn’t allowed to wear nail polish in elementary school.
 Funny isn’t it? Always want what we can’t have.

6. What technique have you struggled with in the past and now mastered?
I don’t feel like I’ve mastered any particular technique yet. I’m always trying to learn
how other people are doing a technique and I’m always searching for any new nail
art tips and tricks I can find. With that being said, I guess I would have to say that
I feel my splattering has improved. I could just not do it at all when I first tried.
Luckily with some help from Gee and a whole lot of patience
I figured it out… sort of anyway. Still no where near as good as Gee.

7. What technique do you still struggle with?
Splatter hahahah. Oh and water marbling. There’s just too many factors that can and do go wrong.

8. What is your favorite type of manicure to do?
Gradients. Big impact for little effort.

9. How do you organize/keep track of your polishes?
I have a large shelf organizer that holds half my polish and then
I have a box on my desk that my boyfriend made.
I love it because he made the cover a tray so I can not only display
my latest favs but I also put whatever I haven’t used yet in it.

10. What commercial brand is your favorite?
Bit of a tough one for me. I’m split between Zoya and China Glaze.

11. What indie brand is your favorite?
This changes all the time for me. But right now I’m going to have to say Smitten Polish (psssssttt upcoming post).

------------------------------------------------------------

Phew. Well that’s it for now friends. Thank you again to the Mercurial Magpie for the nomination 
& to say goodbye let me give you a little David Bowie. 






Much love, D.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin